Friday, November 28, 2008

Final post on Election Day!

Well it has been a hectic last couple of days with Pre Poll ( I've been out at Springvale Council Offices) and we've had close to 2000 early votes for Lightwood.
For those of you yet to vote, I hope you get a chance to read this. I've been positive about the campaign so far, and remain to be, yet I want to expose the "dirty tricks" that the alleged "independents" have been playing.

I feel it only right to set the record straight about a certain incumbent councillor and her comments over the last couple of days, hopefully this will enlighten you to why I have preferenced her last.

Firstly- I've paid for my own material, I haven't been bought out by the party. My material is different all the other candidates.
Another incumbent has the audacity to reproduce identical material for all her running mates. I feel immensely sorry for the residents of Paperbark ward to have to sift through all that material.

Secondly- I'm not party stack, I don't have running mates. No one has directly preferenced me. To be thoroughly independent you wouldn't have a direct preference. She has two. Not suprisingly, she got up on preferences last time, so here she goes again.

Thirdly, I am my own person with my own conscience. I am an honest person who has run an honest campaign. And at the end of it all, I can sleep at night knowing that I've done my utmost best and put in my hardest.


The incumbent and her running mates should hang their heads in shame and that goes for every alleged incumbent- (mostly Ex-ALP members) who have played "dirty tricks" against the ALP.
It is people like yourselves who leave residents with negative feelings about the work of Council as you use it as massive ego trips.

Good luck to every decent person running this election.

Signing out,

Lauren :)

Lauren Fernando
ALP Candidate for Lightwood Ward
City of Greater Dandenong

No comments: